Thursday, March 21, 2013

Project Life 2013: Week 3


{Supplies: Studio Calico January 2013 Scrapbook and Project Life kits, Silhouette Cameo and die cut files, Snap alphabets (green), Studio Calico wood veneer (Michigan)}

The first half of this week was spent on a frustrating but rewarding project. The second half was spent in Detroit with my best friend, Rachel, and her boyfriend, Jake. I flew in on Thursday. On Friday, we hit up a winery and an ice festival with our college friend, Jared, and I flew home on Saturday.

On Sunday, there was a baby shower, but I forgot to get pictures, so this open blank with the Sunday tag is for a photo when I get one from Allison, the hostess.

Noteable technique for the week: I tried to print on the journaling card, but it didn't work - you may notice the gray streaks on the right hand side of the card. So, instead, I printed on my washi tape! I just gave the ink a little blast with my embossing gun to set it before I lifted it up. The heat gun also loosens the adhesive, making it easier to transfer the tape to the card.

After doing this week almost completely with the Project Life kit, I felt hooked on using the kit. It was so simple, and I felt like the layout came together so quickly. Surprisingly, I feel like my page doesn't look exactly like any pages I've seen posted using the kit. I felt like I'd feel like a cheater or like I'd see a million other layouts just like mine if I got the kit.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: