Thursday, March 7, 2013

Project Life 2013: Title Page + Weeks 1 & 2

Welcome to the 2013 edition of Project Life! Though I have been fairly good about keeping up with it this year, I haven't been very good about photographing the layouts as I do them. This year, I'm mostly using the Studio Calico Project Life kits, coupled with the coordinating scrapbook kits.



When I started looking at the kit, the greens made me think of this photo from my sister's wedding in June 2012. Since my 2012 album opened with a 2011 photo, I felt like it would be appropriate to go with a 2012 photo for the 2013 opener. I used the Pacifico font and my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the green words on this page. I used the "twenty-thirteen" stamp from the January PL kit beneath the words "Project Life" to add a little more to that piece.



Week one was a fairly quiet week for us. School wasn't in session and Trevor worked a lot. The most notable moments were my car not starting and receiving a card asking me to be a bridesmaid in Rachel's wedding in August (the card matches the bridesmaid dresses perfectly). I used a yellow chalk ink to add some color to the natural Thickets in the scrapbook kit, and I stamped on the red washi tape. This was a new experience for me, but I was really pleased with the results.



Week two had a bit more going on, both in life and technique. I had a two hour break from my sub job one day this week, so I was able to sketch out and plan the layout in-depth. Even though there are just two photos here, I'm really happy with this layout.



At first, I had layered the "Make Something" transparency over the bracelet, but I felt like the bracelet was lost beneath the white print. I tried it over just the cardstock, but that looked too plain. The black washi tape behind it adds just enough interest. 



I saw this quotation on a Sasha Farina layout, and I loved it, but I couldn't fit it into week one, so I added it here. Since school was just beginning this week and the year was still new, I felt it still worked. The crookedness of the word January on the title card does really annoy me, but I'm trying to let it go (and I will use my ruler next time).



The January printables actually worked wonderfully with my life this this time. When Trevor had part of his trip dropped and I had part of my sub day dropped, we got to come home by 11 a.m. and spend an extra five hours together. It's so nice when that happens, as we usually only get three days home together each week.

This week was also the six year anniversary of our first date. I think it's kind of fun to add in the more reflective cards, documenting how far we've come. This is something new I'll be trying this year.



These are some fairly simple cards, just documenting our typical Sunday routine and designating that it's week 2. The Sunday routine will likely be changing somewhat over the course of this year, so I am glad I included it here.

{Supplies: January  2013 Studio Calico scrapbook and Project Life kits, Studio Calico January 2013 printable file,  Queen & Co. yellow chevron washi tape, various cut files for the Silhouette Cameo, Pacifico font (week), and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet}
Posted by Picasa

No comments: