Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Project Life 2012: Week 23

This week features a pretty big change to my usual process: the addition of my Silhouette Cameo. That means I completed this at the end of October or beginning of November.


This week was pretty busy for us, so it's actually a three page spread. Page one covers Sunday through Tuesday. We had brunch at the Skiesta where Samantha and Craig had their wedding and reception, and then we flew home on Sunday. On Monday, I took a picture of our mail stack - catalogs, a thank you note, and a Publix coupon. Tuesday was a photo of a catastrophe - our crockpot cracked! If you know Trevor and me well, you know how much we depend on our crockpot, especially in the summer months.


Since I was starting to run low on my wood veneer airplanes, I used an Amy Tangerine cut file for the Silhouette. After having the Slice, I love how easy it is to resize my cuts on the Silhouette!


The skinny journaling card is a Target purchase - they now carry We R Memory Keepers slotted page protectors and some 2x4 journaling card packs. They also have the leather albums in some fun bright colors, too!

I kept the title card really simple once again. I love these thick cut files for the months from the Silhouette store. I think I've purchased each month in this style.


Some of the SC printables for August make an appearance here. I haven't decided what to do with that blank spot beneath the bunny. 

I carefully trimmed out the phrase from the dotted card and replaced it with the word "week," cut with my Silhouette Cameo.


Our neighbors were pretty crummy. Seriously. About the only nice thing I can say is that I regularly saw him walk over and put our mail in the mailbox right after the mail arrived (our local PO is horrible).   I am tempted to use this blank spot to hold a folded card discussing why we were happy they moved. I can just tell that in 20 years, we'll remember being happy they moved, but we won't remember why. Project Life can be a great spot for recording those things!


Though I took some nice pictures, the Red Bull Soapbox Race was awful. Not fun. Lots of people were rude and mean and it just wasn't fun at all. Also, I think I got a sunburn, but I don't remember.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

amy tangerine said...

Well let's hope this baby is in the 2 percent that actually is born on their due date! how fun would that be?!