Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Project Life 2012: Week 22

This was a crazy week in our lives. I started it on Sunday by flying from Fargo to Atlanta after my sister's bachelorette party. I ended it by attending a high school friend's wedding in Maine on Saturday. In between, I got a sinus infection and hosted my Thirty-One Gifts kick-off party.


{Supplies: May 2012 Studio Calico Kit, 35 MM; SC Wood veneer airplanes, AC Thickers, Amy Tangerine Layered Goodness letter stickers, SC Adventure stamp set (US map), Basic Grey Bling, Day of the Week stamps from SC September 2012 kit, October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers, label stamp from August 2012 SC kit, SC Stepping Stone Alpha stamps}


I used the tiny gems to mark the airports I visited this week: Fargo, Minneapolis, Atlanta, and Portland, Maine. I may do this in the future if I have another crazy travel week like this (and there's possibly one coming up in April).

Nothing too special here, but I love the look of the speckled washi tape on the white journaling card, and the clear, colored stickers on top. I think I have these stickers in every color they come in. Definitely a new favorite!

I used a cheap, cheap little paintbrush from Dollar Tree to paint blue mist onto my wood veneer on this card. I felt like it gave me more control over the saturation of the ink. I did the same with the blue letters, as inking them with an ink pad turned out to over saturate, and the ink bled under the resist letters, turning the whole thing blue.

This might be one of the most simple title cards ever, but I really like the colors together and the subtle washi tape pieces.

On Thursday, I'm going to begin sharing this year's Project Life layouts, and I'll continue to post the older layouts on Tuesdays. I'm in the process of uncluttering my office and getting rid of some of my unused supplies. I will be sharing more about that process in another post, later on this week. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: