Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Project Life 2012: Week 12

This is a fairly photo intense post about week 12 from last year's album. This is one that I put together fairly quickly after the week it showcases, but for whatever reason, I never shared it here. I thought this might be a good one to share because I included an insert featuring our DC day trip on Sunday, March 18.


{Supplies: Studio Calico May 2012 Scrapbook kit, Studio Calico star stickers, Studio Calico Stepping Stone Alphabet & Number stamp sets, brown chipboard alphabet from Studio Calico August 2011 Scrapbook kit, Studio Calico PL Adventure stamp set (word "week"), brown ink from Stampabilities, blue ink by Hero Arts, green ink by Jenni Bowlin, October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers}
 

I used the same paper here because it was a pair of related photos and journaling cards. Normally, I like to mix it up a bit more than this, though.

This might be one of the most simple title cards I've put together, but it's also one of my favorites. I have a bunk of those little labels stamped in several colors and pre-cut to go in Project Life or other scrapbook projects. It's so handy to have them ready to go!

Yes, that is Newt Gingrich in my Project Life album! My sister was at a conference in DC, but Sunday was a scheduled day off to sight see on her own, so she asked if Trevor and I would fly up for the day. We were fortunate to see wide open flights each way, so we made the trip early that morning and came back on the second to last flight back to Atlanta that evening. We met up with my college friend, Jeff Strauch, who was living in DC at the time. We basically saw all the monuments and the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum. The cherry trees were in full bloom, so we spent a lot of time walking along the Tidal Basin - which is where we spotted Newt and Calista Gingrich out for a "casual Sunday stroll" - in suits and followed by a throng of reporters! Can you say, "publicity stunt?"



 
 

I'm not sure there will ever be another layout so appropriate for the "Jet Set" stamp as this one!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: