Friday, September 7, 2012

Shimelle's Starting Point #1: Bridesmaids



{Supplies: Studio Calico January 2011 add-on kit (Mary Jane), Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye patterned papers (all but pink polka dot)}

This is my second layout based off Shimelle's original Starting Point Challenge. The first layout was about a trip to Savannah last year.

Much like the first time I approached this starting point, I was trying to finish off my January 2011 Studio Calico kit. It's the kit that just won't end! It's now in a single gallon bag of scraps, for the most part, so I feel like I may have accomplished that goal, finally!

There's no journaling on this page because there will be other pages in the album that feature each bridesmaid with journaling. You could almost consider this a sub-title page in my grand plan for my wedding album. I liked the idea of doing three pink potty people and a white one to signify the bridesmaids and me, but I just couldn't get the white one to turn out - I kept getting scorch marks on it before the embossing powder melted! I think it might be time to think about a new heat gun.

This is one of the few layouts I've actually done about my wedding three years ago. I made the mistake of buying a lot of stuff that exactly matching my wedding colors, and I found it really limited what I did with my album. Everything turned out too much alike, and I ended up taking apart a few layouts I didn't like after they were done. Once I gave myself freedom to add in brown (like I did on this page) or brighter shades (like I did on Happily Ever After), I found the process to be much more enjoyable.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: