Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nicole's Shower - Inspired by Shimelle


{Supplies: Studio Calico's July 2012 kit, Elmwood Park & Dear Lizzie date stamp from March 2012  kit}

This layout was inspired by one of July guest designer Shimelle's layouts. I started by cutting/tearing out the tickets like Shimelle did, and I applied a bit of brown ink to the edges to give them a worn look. Next, I pulled out the grey cardstock and photos, and I realized the tickets would cover too much of the photos, so I turned the paper sideways and went from there. I added the thin blue strips of cardstock because I wanted a little more color in the page, and it perfectly matched Carrie's knit top in the upper right photo. After the thin blue strips, I started layering strips beneath the tickets to create a place for the title. I also slid the little toothpick banner beneath the tickets, too. Finally, I placed the letter stickers for the title and glued down the little veneer birds.

There's no journaling on this layout because I didn't think it would look right anywhere on the page. I think I might be adding another page, as I had a ton of photos that were taken that day (I handed off my camera, as I was sitting next to Nicole while she opened gifts).

This week, my big project is creating a card file. I'm compiling birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays in a single Word file I can easily update over time. I'll be printing it out to put in a physical file box with cards I've made in advance for these events. It's a big task, but I am going through it with the thought that it will be a lot of work this one time, and very little work in the future. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: