Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Meet Me in St. Louis - SC Sunday Sketch

This is a layout using some old pictures - pictures I took before I even owned a digital camera! In my fourth year of college, I had the opportunity to cover the NCAA Division I Men's Hockey championships for my college newspaper. UND lost their first game, like they always do, but one of our players won the Hoby Baker Award the second day of the tournament, so it wasn't a total wash.

But what was really, really awesome about that trip had nothing to do with the tournament.

The day I left for the trip, Trevor picked me up at my apartment, dropped me off at my first class, and we said goodbye for an indeterminate amount of time. He was leaving for Atlanta so he could start training at ASA. My trip was a welcome distraction from his departure. We talked a few times during the trip, but the day I left St. Louis, he called me, and said I needed to go to the hotel lobby.

And there he was!

He had spent the previous night with his aunt and uncle in one of the suburbs of St. Louis. He had a little extra time, so he decided to spend it with me. We didn't have long, since we both had 10+ hour drives that day, but it was simply magical to get that extra bit of time together.



{Supplies: SC June 2012 kit, SoCal & 1.5" circle punch}

 


 
 This page is based off the Studio Calico Sundy Sketch for July 31, 2011.

I stretched the sketch into a two page layout when I couldn't decide which of the three photos to use. Since I didn't have enough of the banner material from my SC kit, so I used a circle punch to fill in the alternating rows.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: