Thursday, September 20, 2012

Masculine Birthday Card


{Supplies: Cardstock - Recollections by Michael's, patterned paper - My Mind's Eye, stamps & die - Paper Trey Ink}

This is pretty much my standard card for guys. I make about a dozen of these at a time and tuck them away for when I need them, or for when someone asks me for cards (now that people know I make cards, I get a lot of requests for mixed bundles of cards).

My method for mass producing these cards is pretty simple. I start with a stack of 12 x 12 sheets of patterned paper. I score the sheets that will be stamped so I create a window for myself to stamp within. I stamp and emboss each sheet, and let the embossing powder cool while I start cutting and scoring the card bases from 8.5 x 11 cardstock. I also cut out the backgrounds and layered pieces at this time. I die cut the stamped cars on my Cuttlebug, and then I start assembling cards while I watch a movie on Netflix. It is definitely a good project to tackle when Trevor is on the road as it will keep me busy for several hours at a time.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: