Thursday, June 21, 2012

Birthday card for Brittany


Supplies: May 2011 Studio Calico Kit scraps, Sew Easy & zigzag head, Stepping Stone alphabet stamps from Studio Calico, Color Box black ink, American Crafts Zing embossing powder in clear, chipboard star (either Heidi Swapp or Jenny Bowlin - I have similar ones from both & can't remember which I used for this project), flower by Making Memories, and date stamp from March 2012 Studio Calico kit, created by Dear Lizzie exclusively for SC

I made this card in March for our friend Brittany's 28th birthday. Since she is exactly 6 months older than I am, I started to feel old when I started thinking about her birthday. So, I decided I needed to focus on fun, bright colors. Since I knew I'd be seeing her in person, I decided I could go as bulky as I wanted for this card. 

Also, I need to note that I think I was inspired by someone else when I came to create this card, but I cannot remember where I saw the original idea. I think it might be an issue of Cards magazine? Where ever I found it, MANY THANKS to the original creator of this design! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: