Thursday, April 5, 2012

I choo, choo, choose you


{Supplies: Studio Calico June 2011 kit, Paper Moon and Quickutz cookie cutter heart die}

If you're a fan of The Simpsons, you'll remember that one year, Lisa gave Ralph a Valentine that said, "I choo, choo, choose you," which unleashed some unintended consequences for Lisa. When I made this card for my Simpsons-loving husband, there was really only one intended consequence, and that was exactly what I got -- a good, hearty laugh from Trevor.

I made the card by layering together scraps of paper from the kit. I think the only pieces I really trimmed were the large green piece to make the card, and the polka dotted piece to fit through my Cuttlebug to cut the heart. I had tried to cut a train with my Slice, but it didn't come out right on any of the three attempts, so I gave up and used the train border strip that came in the Studio Calico kit.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: