Saturday, February 18, 2012

Project Life 2012: Week 2 Layout





{Supplies: Patterned Paper - October Afternoon, Studio Calico, Simple Stories; Letter Stickers - Sassafras (cream), American Crafts (large brown), Cosmo Cricket (small brown), Basic Grey (red); Airplane punch - EK Success; Circle punch - Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby; Kraft star sticker - Studio Calico}

Notes on this week's layout:
  • I ended up with a pair of vertical photos, so I used Google's Picasa software to create a 4x6 collage, creating a pair of 4x3 prints. I loved that it gave me an extra 4x6 slot because that gave me space to write about one of the benefits of Trevor's job (I'm able to fly at a steeply discounted rate if there are open seats just before they close the doors on the plane). 
  • I discovered in the course of putting together week 2 that I don't really enjoy stamping titles as I go. I found myself pulling out stickers to create the titles.
  • It was hard to come up with unique photo ideas even though I went along on one of Trevor's overnights -- it was pouring rain the whole time we were there!
  • Sorry about the first blurry picture! I'll try to check the photos better before I post them in the future.
The official Project Life product line was partially re-stocked at Amazon.com yesterday. I picked up the Big Variety Pack #1, Design G page protectors, the Big Envelope pack, and two packs of the 3x4 grid cards. I'm really excited about this purchase - I had been using side-loading page protectors, and they really are a huge pain! The PL protectors are top-loading, which means I won't have to pull anything out to put anything new in the protectors. I think I'll be re-doing the first few weeks that were in the protectors I had on hand. Before Project Life, I used these page protectors for holding photos from special events - most notably, my wedding. I could put the photos in these pages and pop them in the album so they were ready to be seen even if they hadn't been scrapbooked yet. 


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: