Saturday, February 11, 2012

Project Life 2012: Week 1 Layout

{Supplies: Paper: Simple Stories, Heidi Swapp (teal), Cosmo Cricket (blue, grid), Making Memories (Monday's card), Studio Calico (blue paper strip on Monday's card, woodgrain strip, orange paper), Letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket (tiny type), Simple Stories (title card); Washi tape: Pink Paislee; Stickers: Studio Calico and Simple Stories; Border punches: Fiskars; Stamps: Scenic Route; Number card: Sassafras}


Notes on this week's layout:
  • I was surprised how long it took me to put the layout together. It probably took about two hours, but I know it would take less time if I was using a coordinated kit instead of pulling exclusively from my stash.
  • I am so, so in love with the little kraft stickers from Studio Calico. They are a perfect extra touch for this project.
  • I don't enjoy stamping on the cards. Dealing with ink adds a lot more time to any project. I might consider pre-stamping some cards in the future, but since I think I'll be picking a bit different scheme each week, that might not work so well, either. I also like having each card be a bit different, which I would lose by stamping ahead of time, too.
  • I printed these photos at the CVS down the road from us. My drive to and from CVS took significantly longer than CVS took to print the photos, and I was very happy with the quality.
  • It's hard to come up with something unique to photograph each day when you're home alone half of the week!
  • I'm not sure what happened to the second page's image, but I'm not concerned enough to redo the whole post. You can see it well enough in the overview photo, I think.
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: