Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Weekend Reader: 2011 Book List

Here's what I read in 2011:

1. Unclutter Your Life in One Week by Erin Doland
2. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
3. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
4. Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
6. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
7. An Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University by Kevin Roose
8. The Walking Dead, Volume 2: Miles Behind Us by Robert Kirkman*
9. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
10. Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides***
11. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
12. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
13. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
14. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
15. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
16. All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
17. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
18. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
19. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
20. Divine by Karen Kingsbury**
21. The Walking Dead, Volume 1: Days Gone By  by Robert Kirkman
22. The Walking Dead, Volume 4: The Heart's Desire by Robert Kirkman
23. The Walking Dead, Volume 5:The Best Defense by Robert Kirkman
24. The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars by Robert Kirkman

*I read this book twice so I could refresh my memory before reading the other books in the series.

**This was one of the worst books I ever read, and certainly the worst one I read this year. If you are a big KK fan, please don't flame me -- I've been assured this is one of her worst works and that I will likely enjoy other novels she has written.

***This was one of the best books I've ever read. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I did, I couldn't stop reading it. I really don't remember the last time I couldn't put a book down like I experienced with Middlesex.


No comments: