Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reflections 2011: The Next Word


2. At the end of 2012, which word would you like to be able to say represented the year for you? Why do you want that word to represent your year? What actions can you take to make that happen?

Good. I just want to be able to say at the end of 2012 that I've had a good year, that I am in good health, that I have a good marriage, that I was a good friend, and that I did good things.

The actions I can take towards making that happen seem so simple: just do it. Do the right things, the good things, and everything else will fall into place. I think what it comes down to is being mindful of my choices, and probably even more importantly, mindful of the consequences. For example, keeping a quart of ice cream in the freezer and two gallons of root beer in the fridge probably isn't a choice that contributes to good health because the consequences are a) me consuming lots of floats and b) me gaining weight.

Good probably isn't my One Little Word for 2012, just so you know. I don't think I can commit to using something so abstract for OLW. Also, I tend to choose verbs, and I'm not sure I want to break that pattern, either.

No comments: