Friday, November 4, 2011

YCU! Masculine Cards Blog Hop!


Welcome to the "Young Crafters Unite! Masculine Cards Blog Hop!" You should be arriving here from Kristy's blog. If you're just stumbling upon the blog hop, I'd encourage you to check out Young Crafters Unite and start from the beginning. There are some fabulous prizes to be won from the hop sponsors, Simon Says Stamp and Paper Smooches!

{Supplies: June 2011 Studio Calico kit (Paper Moon), EK Success airplane punch, Heidi Swapp for Advantus chipboard star, American Crafts Thickers}

This card is based on the latest card sketch from Sketch Support. I modified it by switching out the flowers with the circle, airplane, and star, and I skipped the stitching. Also, I trimmed my papers to a single point instead of the double-point on the sketch.

I chose my papers and embellishments because they were masculine but still fun. I immediately turned to the Paper Moon kit from Studio Calico because it was my favorite kit this year for masculine pages. It's literally in pieces -- there are no full sheets left in the kit. It's always sad to see the end of a kit, but I'm happy because it means I've got the challenge of turning the remaining bits into cards!

The card is intended for our friend Justin, who turns 30 this weekend. He's a pilot, hence the little airplane! He and his wife went to college with Trevor, and Justin ended up being hired at Trevor's airline a month after Trevor. Justin and Jennifer ended up living in the same little Atlanta suburb as us, so we've grown to be good friends with the two of them over the past year. I've got one more little project planned for Justin's birthday, but since it isn't ready yet, I'll probably be sharing that tomorrow. Be sure to check back then -- I promise it will blow you away! ;)

Here's links to a few more masculine cards I've done:




The next stop on the blog is Jessica Yoder-Jones. Happy hopping!

33 comments:

Jessica Yoder-Jones said...

I'm the next blog after you- but I just wanted to say how much I like your card! I love the "ribbon" look you did. Just wonderful!

neddgirl said...

I love B'day cards that show the age. This one is great.

Rebecca
brrck@uahoo.com

Wendy said...

Love how you incorporated the age on the bday card, looks FAB!

Catherine said...

I love the ribbons! And the kraft!

Annette said...

fun card..thanks for sharing..

Efrat said...

Great card. Love the color combo.

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

Great masculine card!!!

Divine said...

Great Birthday card. Man 30, I'm almost there, hehe. TFS :)

Samantha Mann said...

great birthday card! it's perfect for your friend!

Bumblebee said...

Love the combination of those paper strips, think I may have to CASE this!!!

Karen B. said...

A perfect card for a pilot! Love your color choices and the eclectic mix of patterns.

Janet Z said...

Super card!

Donna Bowman said...

Perfect masculine card - love the design!

Amber S said...

I like the colors you've chosen. They're not typical masculine ones, but fun ones like you said!

Crafterkhush said...

This is awesome.. Love how you have added those little elements which show the importance of those things in your friends life.. little details make all the difference... :-)

Patricia said...

Nice card! I like the little airplane. Nice touch!

Giddy Blue Devil said...

love Kraft...great card :)

Melissa Shea said...

Great ideas for the SC kit! I love the strips of paper!

reatelier said...

So nice Bday card.
Loved it

Rookie said...

Love this card :)

Kyla Norris said...

great card! love the little airplane!

Barb said...

i love this, the colors and font are perfectly manly! great card :)

Angie said...

Super card. I love the pattern strips.

Pat said...

Cute card and I love that it shows the actual b-day age, too!

Alanna said...

Great birthday card! Love love love the other masculine cards you've done - thanks for sharing the links!

onecraftymama said...

This is fabulous! I love the little plane, and the '30 blows' gift is hilarious - love it :)

Sue D said...

Very fun and the airplane is perfect.

Jenny said...

Great mix of colours and patterns! Cool Guys card :)
Jenny x

Emily Keaton said...

What a great guy card--really fun!!

Lisa (lisascraps) said...

Great card for a pilot turning 30 :-)

pcm said...

what a great way to use scraps!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS for sharing!! LOVE the ISPIRATION and the chance to win!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

The Constant Scrapper said...

Lynsey, your card is a great version of that Sketch Support sketch. Your paper choices are both fun and masculine. :-)