Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursdays - 11.3.11


{Image Courtesy of Elle's Studio}

Last year, Elle's Studio ran a feature on their blog during November called "Thankful Thursdays." I decided I want to continue it this year throughout November because gratitude is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I'm huge on showing gratitude, and yet, I'm still extremely touched when people show me gratitude for what I've done. I'd like to use this space each week to show gratitude for the people, places, and things I'd be lost without. My plan had been to write down one thing each day in November and blog it on Thursdays, but I realized that would mean only three things today, and seven things every other week this month, with a few things after Thanksgiving that wouldn't get blogged at all. So, it's going to be a random list each week influenced by what I'm writing down daily on my notepad.

Here's this week's list:

1. Antibiotics - Trevor has an ear blockage, which meant a trip to the doctor, a course of antibiotics, and a sick call to work this week. I'm grateful that the antibiotics work so quickly to make him feel better when this happens. Due to his job as a pilot and all the altitude changes, this happens about three or four times a year.

2. My family - My mom, my dad, and my sister are some of the funniest people I've ever met. Maybe I just think that because our senses of humor are obviously derived from one another, but they are awesome. My sister will be visiting me in Georgia in just over a week. It will be her first real visit here -- she was here for about 12 hours nearly two years ago on her way to Alabama for spring break with a friend whose husband was stationed there in the Army. It's been almost 6 months since I've seen my family, so I'm extremely excited to have her here.

3. Publix - Fresh produce, delicious bread, lots of $5 off coupons, a generous coupon policy for customers, and good customer service in general. It's my favorite place to shop. I'd be lying if I didn't say that the proximity to Publix was also a factor in choosing our house. We're less than five minutes away from the closest Publix, which is great for the nights when we forget one little thing that we need for the meal we've already started cooking!

4. Papercrafting - I love that I have this creative outlet. Comparatively speaking, it's a cheap hobby. Yes, the fancy tools and huge stamp packs can be pricey, but all you need is about $20 to get the basic tools and you can create beautiful stuff rather inexpensively.

5. Elle's Studio - The beautiful tags, the quick shipping, and all the lovely freebies that end up in my order each time I place one -- I'm grateful for having such a great company to purchase craft supplies from.

6. Teachers who request me on SubFinder - It's a huge vote of confidence in my abilities, it guarantees me a day of pay, and it takes off the pressure to find a sub job for that day. I'm so grateful for these people!

7. Mrs. Harkey -- a sub coordinator at one of my schools who has never hesitated to call me, tell me how great I am, and suggest me for long-term sub positions. What an awesome lady!

1 comment:

Keshet said...

SO glad the subbing positions are working out well! And glad that hubby is feeling better! I hope you're having a wonderful week:)