Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving - 11.24.11


Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

This week, I'm thankful for:


  • Nyquil & Dayquil & Claritin & hot apple cider: Monday night I ended up with a fever that turned into a bit of a chest cold. I called in sick for the first time as a sub on Tuesday. I'm feeling much better today, but Trevor and I scaled back our Thanksgiving plans significantly.
  • Goodwill: I found a dress in my favorite color today. It was my size. And the previous owner wrote her initials inside -- LV!!! For just under $6, I now have a wonderful new dress that I KNOW was meant for me. :)
  • Publix: We picked up our Thanksgiving ingredients today, and I LOVED how efficient the trip was!
  • Trevor: For taking care of me this week while I was miserable.
Trevor and I will be spending the day alone, as we have for the past two years. We had planned to visit my family this year, but when I fell ill, the idea of traveling as non-revenue standbys became out of the question. My family totally understands, and I'm really okay with this decision. We have really enjoyed taking the day for ourselves, sharing a bottle of wine, and a simple dinner each year that we've lived in Georgia. Two years ago, we bought a precooked turkey breast from BJ's Wholesale and made dinner at our apartment. Last year, we had turkey taco salad at a hotel room in Columbus, Georgia during Trevor's long overnight. This year, we bought a package of turkey cutlets, and we've got stuffing, salad, pumpkin muffin mix, and a bottle of mead. 

No comments: