Wednesday, November 9, 2011

All Things Grow with Love

{Supplies: Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Patterned Paper, Cardstock, and Button: American Crafts, Thread: Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread, Ink: Stampabilities}

This is another one of those cards that came out of the tremendous joy of hearing great news. Our friends Dave and Erin found out in August that they are expecting their first child in April! When Trevor called to tell me the news, tears started streaming down my face. I knew I wanted to send them a congratulatory card, but I wasn't sure what to do until I started picking through my stamps. I found the little baby feet that were part of a value box I bought at Ross last year, and I knew they were perfect. A little more searching and I saw "all things grow with love," and I realized it was a perfect sentiment for a "congratulations on your pregnancy" card. I used scraps from an American Crafts page kit that I bought at Hobby Lobby almost two years ago now. I couldn't believe how quickly and beautifully this card came together. 

Last night, we found out that Dave and Erin's baby will be a girl. I can't wait to start working on projects for their Little Miss! I told Dave he would be in all kinds of trouble, and he said, "I'm not in trouble. She just can't date until she's 35!" And yep, there were tears streaming down my face again when Dave told me the news on the phone last night. Since Trevor's brother and my sister aren't married yet, it will be awhile before they and their fiances give us nieces or nephews, so this baby girl is sort of our practice run at being an aunt and uncle! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: