Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yeah! Burger -- Virginia Highlands




On October 1, our dear friend Jared had an Atlanta overnight. He's another ASA (soon-to-be-ExpressJet) employee, based in Detroit. While trying to think of a place to take him for dinner, I decided to browse my UrbanSpoon wishlist. Yeah! Burger and Farm Burger have long been on my list for one reason, and one reason only: they both serve grassfed beef, the very sort of beef my dad my raises and that I grew up eating.

Oh my word. That's what Jared said repeatedly as we were eating our burgers. All three of us thought they were incredible. Trevor and I went for the traditional grassfed burgers, while Jared went with a bison burger. My burger was incredible. It was the only burger I've eaten at a restaurant that tasted like the burgers off my parents' grill on the farm.

Trevor's fries were so delicious he skipped the sauces completely. Jared had a cup of Cowboy Caviar, which was unfamiliar to both Trevor and me, but garnished with some adorable microgreens. I probably took the most boring approach, which was kettle chips and a side of housemade ranch dressing. I totally did not realize the chips were bagged and flavored. If I had realized this, I probably would have done fries or fried pickles. I was pretty much bound and determined to try their ranch dressing, though. It was completely amazing. Creamy, delicious, and tangy -- just as it should be.

The service was also excellent. The bussers stopped by our table several times to take things away when we were done, and the cashier was extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Jared mentioned that the guy revealed he was part of the "Well, it's all organic, so it's all good" camp when Jared asked questions. The meal was also a lot more reasonably priced than I expected -- Trevor and I spent about $20, which is what we end up spending at Chik-fil-a or Shane's Rib Shack, and this was a far better dining experience than either of those two restaurants!

Yeah! Burger - Virginia Highlands
1017 N. Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30306
404.437.7845
Posted by Picasa

No comments: