Friday, October 28, 2011

Turning 27

9.15. 2011

Since I decorated brownies for Trevor's birthday in August, he decided to surprise me with a strawberry cake (Okay, more like give into my demand that one time, just one time in our marriage, I'd like a birthday cake, and it better be this year). He baked it from scratch, but ran into a few difficulties. He didn't realize he needed two pans for a layer cake and didn't realize there was a difference between a springform pan and a regular cake pan, so his two layers didn't come out exactly the same...or even round. And then he didn't realize that cake pretty much has to be cold before you frost it, or else it will melt the frosting entirely. See all the gooey frosting on the cake plate? That's the middle layer that oozed out!



Before we dug into our delicious cake, though, I had let Trevor spoil me with presents: a Bath & Body Works Summer VIP bag, a set of Girls Paperie Halloween scrapbook supplies, and a Hobby Lobby giftcard. He knows me too well! We also went to Kobe in Peachtree City for dinner that night, too, where we managed to hit their "Happy Hour" and eat very well for about $15!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: