Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Points: Part 2

{Supplies: Studio Calico September 2011 kit, Travel Smash Pad from the June 2011 Studio Calico kit, Making Memories mini brads, American Crafts Precision Pen}

This is my take on Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Point from September 17, 2011. This is just the second one I've done, but there were more than two before this one, and there have been more than two since then, so I'm clearly behind on playing with this challenge, but I am hoping to get a good day of crafting in again soon so I can play with these challenges. The bonus challenge to this Starting Point was use a striped piece as the background, which immediately had me reaching for my September Studio Calico kit -- the airplane patterned paper meant I had to order more SC paper, so I had three sheets of the striped paper to work with, and three sheets of the airplane paper. The geometric paper behind the photo is the reverse side of the striped paper, so I really didn't use a lot of different products on this layout, though it looks more complex than that. I loved that I used a lot of yellow on this page, as I rarely use yellow in my scrapbooking. 

Have you tried the Scrapbook Starting Point challenges at Shimelle.com yet? Check it out on Saturday if you haven't!

PS: Happy birthday, Mom! I don't think you read my blog, but just in case, happy birthday, and I love you.

1 comment:

YourLocalBaker said...

I lovvvveeee that scrapbook!! Super cute :)