Thursday, October 13, 2011

Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Points


{Supplies: Studio Calico February Kit, Candy Shoppe; American Crafts precision pen; American Crafts Thickers, and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type}

Journaling reads: "Memorial Day 2010 was the first time we met Tyler's girlfriend, Jennifer Costidck. Since they'd been together 6 months, Diane wanted a family photo for the Christmas cards. It didn't quite turn out, but it's still our first family photo!"

This layout is based on a Scrapbook Starting Point from Shimelle Laine. My first thought when I saw it was that it would be a cute card, but I don't like making square cards, so I started thinking of A2 cards, which led me to think of 8.5x11 layouts, and here you have it! It was page that came together fairly quickly once I got started on it.

And can I just say that I am LOVING Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Points? I haven't played along with all of them, but the ones I have done (okay, the two I have done) have been a really fun challenge for me. If you'd like to play along, head over to Shimelle.com on Saturday afternoons -- she'll have the starting point for the week posted then. I can't wait to see what she inspires us with next!



No comments: