Monday, October 31, 2011

Sending Love Your Way





{Supplies: Stamp: Hero Arts, Ink: Stampabilities, Paper: Basic Gray, Die: QuicKutz}

Over the past couple months, a lot of people close to me have suffered some extraordinary losses. My best friend lost her mother suddenly and unexpectedly. A pair of our friends who are cousins lost their grandmother a few days before that. A couple weeks later, a couple we are friends with learned the baby they were expecting was no longer living. On the heels of that, another friend of ours lost her grandmother, an extraordinary woman who spent her life in service to others.

As I looked through my patterned papers, trying to figure out what to do for the cards that always the hardest for me to make, I realized that I could do this rather simply by cutting up some of the large patterned papers I had. I cut five sheets of paper from the same Basic Grey line into three 4x12 strips and folded them to create 4x6 cards. I used a sixth sheet to cut the 2x4 inch belly bands, and I used some of the coordinating solid sheets to cut the hearts out. I stamped the hearts, adhered them to the cards, and rounded the corners of each. I ended up with 15 cards, and I've already mailed two of them. I really like that this design is versatile enough to be sent for sympathy, get well, or any other time when you simply want someone dealing with a tough time to know that you are thinking about them. 


Posted by Picasa

No comments: