Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Michael's 29th Birthday

{Supplies: Paper: Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye (ephemera); Stamps: Paper Trey Ink; Twine: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist; Ink: Stampabilities; Embossing Powder: Zing by American Crafts}


Our friend Michael turned 29 on Friday. Since I had to work a lot last week, I had to whip up a really quick card the night before the party. As I was putting away my goodies from this month's Studio Calico box on Thursday night, I realized that the map paper from the July kit would make a cute card. So, I simply folded the leftover sheet I had in half, stamped an airplane on it, and embossed it. I added the strip for the sentiment, and I trimmed the banner from a piece of a Studio Calico bag. I used extra Thicker numbers (I got a bad batch in my July kit, but SC was nice enough to replace them ASAP!) and a piece of twine to finish it off.




{Trevor, me, Michael, Brittany, and Todd}

We had a great evening celebrating with Michael at his house. Even though it was just the five of us, we had a blast visiting, playing Rock Band, and of course, eating amazing burgers Mike grilled and yummy cupcakes Brittany baked! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: