Saturday, October 22, 2011

Engagement Cards for Pilots :)


{Supplies: Patterned paper: KI Memories, Stamps: Paper Trey Ink and Studio Calico (clouds), twine: Crate & Barrel, Ink: Colorbox (black) and Stampabilities (white), Sew Easy stitching tool and Loop wheel}

Over one weekend in July, two of our pilot friends got engaged -- Luke proposed to his lovely long-time girlfriend, Katie, and James proposed to his girlfriend-who-sounds-amazing, Traci (we haven't met Traci yet but we've heard rave reviews from everyone who has!). Trevor and I were ecstatic about both engagements. I try to keep the "married life is great" talk to a minimum because single life is great too -- but there is something spectacular about two people choosing to be a permanent part of each other's lives. 

So of course, once I saw the news on Facebook, I did what I always do when I hear joyous news: I went to the craft room. This has always happens, but the project produced isn't consistent. Sometimes, what ends up happening is a baby afghan, but more often, it's a card. In this case, it was a pair of nearly identical cards for each couple. I knew immediately what I wanted to make because I wanted it to appeal to the guys as well as the girls, so of course, I had to have airplanes. "Enjoy the Ride" is the perfect sentiment for an engagement card. I'm big on telling people to enjoy the ride -- don't waste your last period of singleness throwing yourself into your wedding, wishing the time away, or focusing on things that don't matter right now. Just focus on the moment. 

Tonight, we'll be at an engagement party for Luke and Katie at their house on the north side of Atlanta. I'm thrilled to see them -- it's been about six months. In a few days I'll (hopefully) be able to share some photos from the party and the card I've made to go along with their engagement gift. 

Have a wonderful weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: