Monday, October 24, 2011

Engagement Card for a Mechanic



{Supplies: Ink: Stampabilities, Stamps: PTI, Car die: PTI, Heart die: QuicKutz, Paper: The Paper Studio, and Cardstock: American Crafts}

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but my only sister, my darling little sister, Nicole, is getting married next June. Her fiance, Mario, has been a part of our family for nearly 6 years. They met at one of his high school's dances, where Nicole was visiting her friend, Carrie, who had just started going to school there. Nicole and Mario both started college at UND, though he was a year behind her. He realized he didn't want to be doing Mechanical Engineering in an office all day, so he switched schools and majors to become a Diesel Mechanic. Because of this, he and Nicole both graduated in 2010 and took jobs in Jamestown, North Dakota. He moved to Jamestown in November of that year, and he proposed in early April of this year (the day after Mike and Brittany's wedding, in fact). I couldn't be happier to be getting a brother-in-law like Mario!

So, I of course made an engagement card for them. I loved this combination because it has the bling for Nicole and the car for Mario. I really love this paper pad from Hobby Lobby. I normally don't go for their store-branded papers because they are usually thin, and look like knock-offs of other manufacturers, which I find to be extremely tacky. However, this pack was different -- thick papers, unique designs, and wedding patterns in more than just the usual colors and styles. I've actually made a few bridal shower cards with these papers, too, but I haven't had a chance to use them yet. I think I'm going to hang onto at least one to use for Nicole, though!

Edited to add: Just after I posted this, I found out their photographer, the amazing Mandi Carroll, added their photos to her Facebook page here. The pictures are fabulous and I can't wait to see what Mandi does with with wedding next summer!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: