Thursday, September 8, 2011

Scraps

{Supplies used: Studio Calico February Kit, "Candy Shoppe;" Martha Stewart Crafts heart punch; Sew Easy zig-zag head; cream thread}

This card was based on a sketch from Sketch Support, but I don't think it ended up close enough to the orginal to even link back to it. I laid down a dry adhesive across the front of the card and started laying leftover strips across the card. I used it as a birthday card, but it could be used for anything - a "thinking of you" card, thank you note, "get well soon" card, or even a valentine!

The card was primarily made from leftovers of a pair of layouts I did back in February or March. I'd like to post them later this month if I get a chance to play with my scanner. One is a photo-free layout, while the other is a word-free layout. Together, they tell the story of a weekend, but can stand alone if desired. I love that. I had actually sort of forgotten about them until I was making this card and realized I had all these little paper strips left over in the same length.

Life has been busy lately. I was off from work this past Monday, and I couldn't believe how nice it was to just be home alone. I realized it was the first day I had been home for the entire day since somewhere around August 11! This is really different from how my life has been in the past two years. Trevor had to work on Saturdays for so long that we rarely did anything with friends on those nights, and I've rarely worked five day work weeks as a substitute. This fall, I've worked almost every school day (we've been in session for a month already). We've had plans every weekend, too, and this one is no exception. Thanks to the shortened week, my school has to adjust the schedule to make up the block classes that were missed on Monday, so I've got tomorrow off. It's going to be a day of relaxing with my husband, cleaning my scrapbook room, relaxing, and hopefully, scrapbooking or cardmaking. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Toni said...

So pretty!!

Keshet said...

Sounds like life has been busy! I'm glad you got that day to yourself:) Love the card!