Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What happened to the "read" part of this blog?

I realized that I've neglected the very first word in my blog title for the nearly two and a half years I've had this blog. I'm not sure why. I spend plenty of time reading - books, blogs, magazines, message boards, etc. I suppose I've fallen into this trap of thinking that what I read isn't of the caliber to be shared, or that no one wants to know what I thought of the books I've been reading.

However, I'm going to try to start synthesizing my thoughts on what I've been reading. I have tons of thoughts on everything I read, but I'm really out of practice as far as putting things into "sharing form." I feel like I might need to join a book club or something, but the only one I know of right now would require me to participate via Skype, and frankly, that just seems wrong. Book clubs aren't meant to be disconnected like that. They should be fun, personal, meetings in someone's living room over appetizers and herbal tea, right?

Beginning in September, I'll post a rundown of what I've been reading and/or a book/magazine review each Saturday. I'm not sure if this will spoil or not, but I feel like I have to say it in the interest of full disclosure: most of these posts will be of the pre-scheduled variety, as I'll probably spend some time working on them in the week(s) before I post them, and I'll probably be busy on Saturdays doing fun things like going to see the Braves play at Turner Field, picking my little sister up at the airport for a fun-filled week in the ATL, going to Alpharetta for Buca di Beppo, or flying around the country to see friends and family.

I'll kick it off this Friday with a list of blogs I'm delighted to read -- just in time for a long weekend that might bring you some free time for blog hopping!

1 comment:

Toni said...

I'm excited to hear what you've been reading. I've just started getting really into reading (prob because my TV doesn't work haha) but I've read 3 books in the last 2 weeks and need some suggestions! Highly recommend The Help if you haven't read it already!