Monday, August 29, 2011

Cousins: 2011 Edition

{Supplies: Studio Calico Lawn Party kit, Colorbox Ink. For exact details on the kit, please visit the website.}

I created this post for an Elle's Studio Thursday Sketch challenge back in July, and to my surprise, I won that week! I'm not sure how the winners are chosen, but I suspect it might be a random drawing. Regardless, I was proud of this layout because it came together quickly and simply for me, using the sketch from Elle's Studio and the kit from Studio Calico. I knew I wanted to use this photo of my sister, my four cousins, and myself. It was taken at my cousin Erin's high school graduation this past May. When I saw the sketch, I thought it would be perfect for me to use the number stamp along the side, with the girly patterned papers - a married lady without any daughters doesn't get a lot of chances to use butterflies and doilies! :)

I posted a layout a little over a year ago that featured the six of us with Grandma and Grandpa on their 50th wedding anniversary in 2007. It was fun to see how the six of us have changed in the past four years. There is another picture of the six of us from my 2009 wedding, so I think that one might merit a page of its own, too. I'm looking forward to my sister's wedding next year and another fabulous photo op with the cousins.

This was one of my first attempts at photographing one my layouts, and it's clear that I definitely need help with photographing my 12x12 layouts. Right now, I just lay them on the floor, zoom out as far as I can, get as high as I can, and snap the shot. I don't really get perfect photos that way. I think I might need to invest in a light box, or perhaps create a better "tableau" to photograph my pages within. I scan most of my smaller layouts when I intend to share them, and photographing cards isn't so hard because they stand up on their own. But these pages prove to be a bit problematic for me.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: