Wednesday, August 10, 2011

10 Things on the 10th: Lunch Edition

My first day of school is next Tuesday, so I've been busy trying to get ready for everything again. My biggest concern is always what to bring for lunch. I prefer to eat healthy food that doesn't require much once I get to school because there's just no way to guarantee a fridge or microwave when you're a substitute. So, in honor of school starting, my very first "10 Things on the 10th" post is going to be about lunch options that need no fridge and no microwave. I often carry an ice pack along, and those meals that may need one are marked with an asterisk.

1. GoPicnic boxed lunches

2. Pasta salads made with vinaigrette dressings, pepperoni, fresh vegetables, and hard cheeses; bread, and a bit of fruit or sturdy cookies for dessert.*

3. Pretzels with peanut butter, dried apricots, a granola bar, and applesauce.

4. Chicken salad pita with carrots and dip, fruit, and a granola bar.*

5. Spinach salad with bacon pieces, vidalia onion, cherry tomatoes, feta, and a vinaigrette dressing with toasted pita wedges, Laughing Cow cheese wedge, and fruit.*

6. Pita wedges and hummus, trail mix, fruit, and a baggie of pre-popped popcorn.*

7. Veggie wraps, baked potato chips, fruit, and veggies with dip.*

8. Tuna salad with crackers, veggies and dip, fruit, and a minty cookie or candy*

9. Inside out margarita pizza (chopped tomatoes, chopped basil, mozzarella, minced garlic and sauce inside a pita) with fruit and yogurt. *

10. Sandwiches on toast, chips, veggies and dip, and some fruit.*

Just typing that makes me hungry! I think it's time for me to go find some lunch for the day.:)


No comments: