Monday, July 18, 2011

Week in the Life 2011: My Format + Potential Products

Week in the Life 2011 runs July 25-July 31, 2011. It is a project from Ali Edwards. It isn't class, but more of a guided project. For free resources and inspiration, as well as links to digital and physical products that might help you, check out AliEdwards.com.

First off all, I have to point out that this plan is flexible. It could easily change once I get into the actual documentation process, or once I start actually putting it all together in early August.

My plan is use 12x12 page protectors that have been divided for 4x6 photos. I'm going to alternate vertical and horizontal layouts so that each day will have one page of each. This means my photos won't really be chronological by the hour and minute, but they will still be chronological by date. The brands I'll be using are Pebbles/American Crafts for the horizontally-orientated pages and The Paper Studio for the vertically oriented. That's because I have some on hand, and I know these brands are available locally. I won't be scouring the internet for this project -- I'm keeping it simple.

Between my 12x12 pages, I think I'll be using baseball card sheets to hold bits of memorabilia, maybe some wallet-sized photos, and other little bits. I also plan to have some other sizes of page protectors ready in case some ephemera comes up that I'd rather not cut down, or would be best left whole (like the anniversary card I'll likely receive from Trevor on day one!).

My plan is to use products I have on hand for this. It might mean finishing off some Studio Calico kits, a set of Echo Park papers I've had for about a year, or just tossing things together. Most of my albums aren't cohesive because that just isn't how I scrap, so this one might not be coordinated, either. Again, this is something that will be determined once I get into the documenting/putting together stages of my album.

I have my box of journaling tags out and ready to go. I'm not sure if I'll journal on tags right away or if I'll pluck out bits from the notebook I'll be writing in during the week. I guess we'll see how next week goes. We never have a typical week, and next week is no exception -- our anniversary, prepping for school starting, finishing the unpacking/decorating, taking a quick trip to Minnesota, and maybe seeing our preschool students graduate to their next class at church on Sunday.

When browsing my box of journaling tags today, I found I had two sets of Elle's Studio Days of the Week tags from around 2008-2009. One set is black and white, and the other is bright colors. Some of these will almost definitely make it into my finished product. I might use one set or the other, or a mix of both. I'll definitely have these out as I go through my patterned papers and cardstock to choose what is going into the finished album.

If you're doing a Week in the Life this year, which products are you using?

No comments: