Friday, July 15, 2011

Reverb: July - Revising a goal



Silver Mountain, near Lempster, New Hampshire. 7/12/11

I have to start with a confession.

I didn't climb Stone Mountain on July 3. I didn't even attempt it. As soon as I got out of the car, my clothes were sticking to me. It was so hot and humid, and I think my bronchitis was worse. Trevor said he didn't need to climb the mountain, so I decided I didn't need to either. When we reached the laser lawn inside the park, we found that it was already crowded. So, we trekked back to our car, grabbed our stuff, and started setting up our camp for the afternoon and evening while Becca and Mia made the trip.

But a week later, I had the chance to climb a different mountain, and I took it.

The photo above is Trevor & me on top of Silver Mountain in New Hampshire. One of my best friends has a cabin on Sand Pond Lake, near the base of the mountain. The five of us who stayed at the cabin this week climbed to the top and picked blueberries. It was exhilarating to climb to the top, amazing to find the blueberries, and incredibly exhausting. After we came back down, we ate a quick lunch and then jumped in the lake. I'm not ashamed to admit that I strapped on a life vest and just laid in the water with Rachel and Trevor. :)

I'm so glad I climbed Silver Mountain. I was even more glad this morning, when I was able to eat a handful of the blueberries I picked on my breakfast cereal. Amazing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: