Sunday, July 3, 2011

Reverb: July Prompt

(For the Young Crafters Unite blog hop, scroll down one post)

What new thing will you try this month?


I love the wording of this prompt. It could have been "What new thing do you want to try this month?" or "What new thing will you think about trying this month?" Instead, it's a very certain, affirming, and forceful "What new thing will you try this month?" Putting it like that means that the respondents will be required to do what they stated. It becomes a promise in these terms.

Today, I will climb Stone Mountain. This is huge for me. I am not an athlete. I am scared of heights. To climb a mountain means putting myself against these two huge things. It's also going to mean overcoming the last lingering breathing issues related to bronchitis and bronchial spasms I had in June. Luckily, I'm going to be doing this with two of the most supportive people I know, my husband and my friend, Becca.

Later this month, I'm going to Valley Fair. It's going to be a new thing for me in that I cannot remember the last time I was on an amusement ride. Seriously. It might have been right after senior year of high school, when a group of us went to the state fair and an Our Lady Peace/3 Doors Down concert, but I'm not even sure we rode rides that night, either.

So, overall, I guess you could say that this month, I will try being adventurous.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I am afraid of heights so I totally understand the willpower to overcome that one! I wish you well.