Saturday, July 16, 2011

My dad says I'm awesome


{Supplies: patterned papers - Basic Grey, letter stickers - Sassafras (cream) and Cosmo Cricket (red tiny type), thread - Coats & Clark, border punch - Fiskars, paper piercer - Making Memories}

Once in a great while, something magical happens. The Twins come to Atlanta, and their fans, the thousands of upper midwestern transplants, flood the stadium. It's a sea of navy and red, but most of the emblems are those of the Minnesota Twins. In March, we joined a crew of northerners at a pre-season game at Turner Field. It was my first game at an outdoor stadium.

For this layout, I wanted to stick with the two teams' mutual colors. I knew I wanted to use some of my BG Boxer paper (from a mini pad) and that I wanted to stick with an obvious baseball theme. Once I chose the gridded/dotted background, I hand poked the holes for the lacing. It took something like five hours to do all the hand stitching.

I posted this layout to my Facebook album titled "Creative Works" because a few people had heard about it before I finished it. My dad was the only one to comment so far, and all he wrote was "Awesome!!"

Thanks for making me a baseball fan, Dad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: