Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedding Wishes for Paul & Maggie


One of my husband's close friends since childhood, Paul was married this weekend. We both love him and his wife, Maggie. They are truly amazing people who will do whatever it takes to help others. Maggie just received her Masters in family counseling the day after their wedding, while Paul received his MD the previous weekend. Instead of the junky or sugary favors you'd get at most weddings, Paul and Maggie chose the most simple, meaningful favors I could imagine: pebbles. However, we weren't supposed to take the pebbles home. They were to be returned to Paul and Maggie via containers labeled with the names of three different charities. For each pebble returned, they donated a dollar to the organizations. Throughout the whole weekend, I was just touched, over and over again, by how fortunate we are to have these two in our lives.

About the card:

I wanted to make a really special card for this couple, so I asked Maggie several months ago what her wedding colors were. When she said "wasabi green" was one of the colors, I thought immediately of the Martha Stewart wasabi ribbon and ink that I've had for awhile. I had also just recently received the Paper Trey Ink stamp set from my friend, Rachel. I stamped it in wasabi, then used the outline stamp in black. I trimmed a 7x10 inch card base and folded it in half to make a 5x7 card. I stamped "wedding wishes" in wasabi ink on the one inch strip I trimmed off the cardstock sheet to make the card base. I trimmed around the car I'd stamped and matted it on a piece of the purple diecut paper. I trimmed a piece of paper from the January Studio Calico kit for the background and rounded the corners. I adhered it to the card, and then adhered my ribbon to the back of the purple scalloped piece before adhering both to the card base. I knotted the ribbon and trimmed the excess. I attached my sentiment, and then used foam squared to pop up the car.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: