Friday, June 17, 2011

A few random things today...

Today is, I hope, the beginning of a new routine. I'm excited. It seemed to happen by accident, but I'll take it.

This morning, I woke up on my own at 8:30 a.m. I was awake before the construction workers showed up to work on the house next door. I know that has something to do with the NyQuil I had to take at 10:30 last night, but I'll take it. I was showered and dressed by noon after printing this week's e-mealz plan, making the grocery list, and pulling what we had on hand from the pantry (I keep the packaged items for e-mealz in blue baskets in the pantry so I can just grab them quickly). I was back from shopping by 1 p.m. and had lunch soon after. Since lunch, I've worked on editing some photos from the wedding we were at a couple weeks ago. Just 120 photos of the 800+ left to edit!

I had a cool discovery a couple days ago -- my Studio Calico Documentary line Window Seat paper goes well with the June kit. I'm working on the second layout that mixes that paper into the kit. The tiny airplanes look rather similar to the ones Trevor trained in and instructed in while we were at the University of North Dakota, so I've got a weak spot for this paper. I really hope the little airplane stamp is one of the ones SC is resurrecting in their new partnership with Hero Arts.

Okay, now I just need to figure out how to better photography my 12x12 layouts so I can actually share what I just wrote about above. I'm not happy with the results I've gotten so far. :)

And finally, I'm going to share today's grateful list. It's day 3 and I'm loving doing this.

  1. Quiet mornings when I'm up before construction starts on the houses around us
  2. Elle's Studio
  3. E-mealz
  4. Calendars
  5. internet friends
  6. garbage service (Today is garbage day)
  7. air conditioning
  8. Publix (the best grocery store out there)
  9. IKEA
  10. My grandparents (It's my paternal grandparents' 54th wedding anniversary and my maternal grandmother turns 71 next Friday).

No comments: