Wednesday, June 15, 2011

3 months until 27

Yep.

I realized it's three months, or 91 days, until my 27th birthday. I'm not sure why, but this one is sort of hitting me. I'm older than both my parents were when I was born. I'm older than my grandmothers were when each had her last child (though granted, my grandmothers had small families for their generation -- just two and three children, respectively). I'm not employed full-time, even though quite a bit of that stems from personal choices. I'm sort of feeling like I'm not where I should be in life. While discussing this with some friends last night, one of them mentioned that when you're searching for direction, feeling down about what you haven't accomplished or don't have, or just in general need focus, you should do a gratitude journal. Just write down what you're grateful for each day, and it leads to a change in perspective.

Starting today, and continuing for the next 91 days, I'll be writing down a list of things I'm grateful for. I'm not going to create constraints or rules for myself. I'm going to write down as many things as I feel like each day, even if it's only one thing. I'm not going to tell myself that I can never repeat anything in the 91 days between now and my birthday. There's only one real rule: I am literally going to write it down, on paper. I won't always share it on my blog, but I'll probably share it on the days when I actually write another blog post...which I hope to be doing more often as our house comes together and I work on some diy decorating projects.

Today's gratitude list:
  1. Trevor
  2. God
  3. my house
  4. flight benefits
  5. pens
  6. paper
  7. animals
  8. friends
  9. Pinterest
  10. Twitter

1 comment:

Keshet said...

I totally hear you--I'm job hunting, and it can be hard to feel anchored sometimes. But life is full of seasons, and I'm sure a more settled season will be on its way soon:)