Sunday, February 6, 2011

One Little Word 2011: February Update


I have made huge progress with my word, Move. I made an appointment to see our realtor (a good scrapbooking friend) towards the end of January. This spurred us to get pre-approved for a home loan and really look at our options. Once we were pre-approved, we saw 12 houses. Our third house, the one pictured above, was simply it. It was the only one that I could picture myself coming home to after a long day of work. I could picture pulling into the garage, going inside, hanging up my coat, and putting away my bag. It just felt like home.

At this point, we've still got to get an inspection and an appraisal, and we close at the end of February. Our last day at our apartment is April 5, so we likely won't be moving until sometime in mid to late March. I'll be spending the Super Bowl organizing my office and scrapbook room, trying to get it perfectly clean and organized before I start purging supplies and packing things up for the move.

I think I'm going to start working on a couple projects for our house in the coming weeks. I'd like to do some DIY decorating, and I'd like to do a scrapbook specifically about our home -- from the buying process to the moving, decorating, and settling in process. I remember Becky Higgins once had an album that was a sort of guest book for her home, and I like that idea. Living where we do, so far from our families, I think a guest book album would be kind of fun. We already have a few guests on the docket for when we move in, so I'd like to have the frame work at least designed before I move in. I'm thinking an 8x8 album, as I have a few on hand already, thanks to some great finds on Chatterbox at the dollar and more store in my hometown and on American Crafts at Big Lots last spring.

I'd like to close by thanking you all for the kind words on my last post. A has not been far from my mind in the last month. A couple weeks ago, they erected a cross with his name at the site of the accident, along a road I travel several times a week. It has had flowers and gifts there ever since it was erected.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

nice blog !
read my blog under lucasfussballwelt.blogspot.com

Greetings from Germany