Friday, December 10, 2010

Reverb10: Wisdom

What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

I took a part-time seasonal job in November, but at the same time,I received approval for our county school's substitute teacher list. I'd waited 13 months for the approval to come. My husband urged me to do both, and I found that the other job (which I totally loved) really interfered with me picking up substitute teaching jobs. I had to quit last week. It wasn't the easiest decision, but it was certainly the wisest. The difference in pay is huge - two days of substitute teaching pays more than two weeks of retail work would have, and this job actually furthers my career goals rather than simply giving me a paycheck and a nice discount.

No comments: