Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb10: Party

What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

2010 was a quiet year for us, party-wise. Our friends are scattered throughout the metro area, and Trevor has a different work schedule than most of his friends, so it's tough to get together with people. I think the best party I went to this year, though, was my sister's college graduation party. It was the first time my whole family was together in nearly a year, and the only time I've seen some of my family members since my wedding in 2009. The food was simple, Midwestern party food - sandwiches, salads, and desserts. My mom ordered the same cheesecakes we'd had for our rehearsal dinner, and they were amazing! I think we all had the leftovers for breakfast the next day.

It wasn't a raucous bash. No one was really dressed up. There wasn't any booze served or any shenanigans, but it was my favorite party this year because we were all there together.

1 comment:

cate said...

sounds like the best sort of party!