Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb10: Make

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

The last thing I made was a half dozen baby cards for my mother-in-law. Ever since I made the first batch of cards for her two years ago, she has been in love with my handmade cards. These were a special request because Trevor's cousins are all having babies (and a few of his close friends are adding to their families, too).

I finished the cards about ten minutes ago. My materials were rub-ons from Making Memories and American Crafts, Nana's Nursery paper line from DCWV, cardstock from Bazzill, Click 'n Stick Mounting Squares, Making Memories buttons, and thread.

The thing I would most like to make right now is my wedding scrapbook. It's been a year and a half since our wedding, and I really haven't started working on it. It is an intimidating task. Not only do I need to clear the time, but I have to clear perfectionism from my mind as well. I know that if I focus too much on making it perfect, I'll never be happy with it, and I'll never complete it.

No comments: