Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nov. 4: Thankful Thursdays


A weekly gathering of people, things, and concepts I'm thankful for as we lead up to Thanksgiving Day.

Summit Urgent Care: I had to make my first ever trip to an urgent care facility yesterday after a horrible headache would not go away. I learned there that I had signs of infection in my ear and throat. I was in and out in under 10 minutes, which was stunning to me, considering that my experiences with primary care physicians in the area usually meant I'd be on hold for 10 minutes before learning they weren't accepting new patients or were booked for the next two weeks.

Friends: Upon learning I was suffering, Rachel offered either herself or Jake to fly down to be with me until Trevor came home. Though I'm fine with staying home until I'm off the Vicodin (yes, it was bad enough to get Vicodin from my doctor), I was touched that they would be willing to come stay with me until the infection and headache clears up.

Trevor: For calling repeatedly to check on me yesterday and today while I was feeling sick. I'm a lucky, lucky woman to have a man like that.

No comments: