Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Old Product, Old Photos



Supplies: Patterned & colored papers, title card, and journaling card - Wild Asparagus by Mind Mind's Eye; border punch - Fiskars; Chocolate cardstock - Bazzill

About once every two years, I sort through all my scrapbook products and try to whittle my stash down so that it fits into the current containment options (or will require very little investment to make it fit). This year, I'm going a little further and trying to ask myself why I bought these older products, what projects I had planned, and if those photos are still around somewhere.

That's where this layout sprang from. The sweet older couple in the middle of the photo are my grandparents on my father's side of the family. They were celebrating their 50th anniversary in June 2007 when the photo was taken. I'm the one in bright green, my sister is the one in the palest pink top on the other end, and the other four girls are my only biological cousins (I have some step-cousins on my mom's side of the family).

I found these products at the local scrapbook store in Grand Forks shortly after the photo was taken. They were a perfect fit with the photo, like most purchases I made at the LSS tended to be. I loved Scrapbooking 4 Fun and was sad to learn it closed permanently around 2008-2009, after I moved away from Grand Forks. For an independent store, they had a good balance of products, a good assortment, and a fairly quick turnover, too. I could always find what I was looking for, and Carrie, the original owners, was so wonderful and helpful. Being a college student, I couldn't afford to shop there often, but when I did, I loved going in. I could have spent hours there!

The older photos and older product I've been digging out over the past week have really jogged my memory and inspired me to try to scrap some of those older photos before I've forgotten what was happening.

No comments: