Saturday, June 5, 2010

Updates

Well, we came to the decision not to go to Vietnam. The extra costs of storing our things, the significantly higher rent in Vietnam, and the travel costs just didn't seem worth it at this point.

I'm still not finding any teaching (or any decent) jobs around Atlanta. I'm thinking it might be time to go back to school, so I've got a couple ideas in mind. I like where we're settled now, though, so it might end up being online course work if I do go back to school.

Trevor's airline is getting new planes and calling back furloughs, so things are looking better for his career! We've been hearing buzz that all the furloughs will be back on the line and they'll be hiring by the end of 2010, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

We've been traveling a lot lately. I was in ND for a week earlier in May because my sister graduated from UND. Two weeks later, I joined Trevor in Omaha on his two night stay, 32 hour layover. We went to the zoo and had dinner with his crew both nights. Two days after we got back from Omaha, we went to Minnesota to see Trevor's family. We were there from Sunday through Tuesday, spending all day Tuesday trying to get home again. We had a canceled flight in Minneapolis, followed by a long wait, a reroute through Memphis, and a canceled flight in Memphis, resulting in another long wait there, too. I've definitely enjoyed being at home this week!

No comments: