Friday, March 5, 2010

365 Cards: #1 "Happy Easter"


Supplies: Felt eggs - American Crafts, Cardstock - Paper Studio (yellow), Wausau (white) and American Crafts (blue - reverse of Everyday line's "What's Up?" pattern), Rub-ons - Martha Stewart (Happy) and American Crafts (Easter), Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots", Edger Punch - Fiskars "Threading Water"


Earlier this year, I resolved to make and send a card a day this year. I haven't been so successful so far, despite a good effort. So, I decided to make myself accountable by posting the cards here.

So, here's the first one. I made it from things lying on my desk, for the most part. I did have to dig for the rub-ons, but the felt eggs were on my desk already. The blue one began as a raindrop, but I traced an egg on it and cut it out to create a blue egg.

This card will be mailed to my goddaughter, Emmaleigh, in celebration of her first Easter. It's going to arrive with a Benjamin Bunny book, a Peter Rabbit book, and two Precious Moments books I found at Target, all for $1 a piece! Her mom and I are both avid readers, so I feel obligated, as her godmother, to help make her love books as much as Katherine and I already do. :)

PS: Apologies for the ugly scan. I didn't realize that using foam dots would cast such a yucky shadow when I put it on the scanner bed. Hopefully I'll be photographing those sorts of cards from here on out!

No comments: