I posted on a message board about how I was working on this project, and another childless scrapper asked what I'd be putting in the album. Really, how much is there to document about the holidays when you're an unemployed, childless newlywed 1500 miles from your family?
So I thought about it, and here's what I came up with so far:
- Decorating our apartment
- Finishing trimming the tree (we put it up, realized we need more ornaments, but haven't put them on the tree yet)
- Downtown Newnan Cookie Exchange
- Baby shower for a friend (not Christmas, but it's what I'm doing in December)
- Wrapping presents
- The red holiday Starbucks cups
- Celebrating with my family in North Dakota
- Celebrating with my husband's family in Minnesota
- Visiting with other friends and family throughout the holidays -- including a friend who moved to Norway, got married, and had a baby all in the last 18 months.
- Hopefully getting the chance to join my husband on one of trips for work and see the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree
- Any baking I might do between now and Christmas
- Spending our first New Year's Eve together -- ever. We've always been in different states!
- Favorite ornaments documented on the more ho-hum days