Saturday, November 7, 2009

11.7.09 Updates + A recipe

So, this week was pretty amazing. My husband was home with me Saturday night, Sunday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday night. Do you know how rarely that happens for a pilot's wife? I think the last time we were in the same city six nights out of seven was when we were in Jamaica for our honeymoon in August.

We really had a lazy week. For the most part, we just spent a lot of time together. We watched the entire series of Harper's Island on our Roku, went to dinner at Yumi Asian Fusion, and just enjoyed being able to spend all that time together.

I did submit two job applications this week, so we'll see how it goes. They are both part-time positions that would not conflict with any substitute teaching I would be doing. However, those sub days will be few and far between for now, I'm afraid -- the county school district has canceled their next substitute training class and has not yet made plans to have another class. The letter I received finished by saying I should email updates to my application in July 2010! I am on the substitute list for one private school in the area, but it's on the small side, so I've only subbed one-half of a school day so far.

Luckily, the time off has given me a chance to work on honing some of my other skills. I've perfected a recipe for pumpkin spice pancakes.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Serves: Lynsey + Trevor

Ingredients:
1 cup pancake mix, prepared as directed on box
1/3 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1. Add pumpkin and spices to prepared mix.
2. Make pancakes.
3. Enjoy

Note: Trevor and I aren't hearty eaters, so many couples would need to double this recipe. If you've got a family, I'd probably triple or quadrouple it.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: