Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What I'm Reading + Other Updates

I am rather ashamed to admit I'm not doing as much reading as I want to right now. With a brand new apartment and a ton of boxes still unpacked, it's been hard to justify sitting down and reading for long periods of time these past few months. I did read one whole book while I was in Jamaica, but the second book I started got lost when we came home. I recently found it again -- after I jumped into other books, of course. All the books I'm currently reading are sitting in a stack beside my bed, or in the top drawer of my nightstand.

Here's the current list:

  • NIV Thinline Bible
  • The Purpose-Driven Life
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • The Best American Short Stories of the Century (1900-1999)
I'm working, slowly, through all of these. Hopefully next week, I'll have finished The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and be able to write a review. I finished The Life of Pi about a month ago, and I'm still not done synthesizing the novel. It really opens up a huge can of worms on the ideas of faith, religion, spirituality, and the idea of humans doing what it takes to survive. Expect a review of this one in a few weeks.

*********************************************************

I've got some exciting new ideas for the blog that I can't wait to put in place. Monday's project update is going to be about the Ali Edwards December Daily album. It's my first real attempt at a December Daily, and I decided to go digital for this project, too. Yikes. I've never done a completely digital project before. I'm going to do it using the collage templates from Picnik.com and some holiday digital papers from Two Peas in Bucket.com. It should, actually, be fairly low-stress because I can probably skip using Photoshop Elements, but at the same time, if I decide I want to add more to the collages, I can easily upload them to PSE later to edit. Anyway, I'll have more details and links to what I'll be using in Monday's post.

No comments: