Friday, August 21, 2009

Scrapping Elsie <3

Until my wedding last month, I lived in North Dakota. Not being the biggest fan of e-commerce until recently, I didn't have access to the latest and greatest scrapbooking supplies and books. I had lusted after Elsie Flannigan's 52 Scrapbooking Challenges ever since I first heard of it.

Then, I found on a clearance shelf at Hobby Lobby earlier this spring. I was eager to dive right into it...but there was an apartment to pack up, a school year to finish, a wedding to plan, and so many things to do that it sort of got tucked away until after our honeymoon when I finally began to unpack the Atlanta apartment.

Being in a creative funk right now inspired me to take a cue from the concept of Julie and Julia and scrap my way through Elsie's book, one challenge at a time. I plan to do this mostly for myself, but if there are others interested in joining in the challenge, I'd definitely be willing to organize the challenge (and maybe send out a few prizes along the way -- maybe some Love, Elsie goodies from my local Hobby Lobby?).

If you're interested in an Elsie-inspired challenge, please leave a comment on this post! Once I see if there is interest in the challenge, I'll post more details as well as the first challenge.

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

KarenSue said...

I could definately be interested

Jingle said...

I have that book and her challenges are SOOO much fun!

Shermin said...

That sounds like a great book and so much fun! :D